The mission of the TriCounty Active Adult Center is to enhance the well-being of older adults by providing services and activities that promote an independent and healthy lifestyle.
More About Us
The TriCounty Active Adult Center is a home-away-from-home for the older adults in our region, anyone aged 50 or better. Since opening our new building in March of 2017, we are serving more than 200 people each day, and nearly 100 of those people stay for a free and nutritious lunch. We serve older adults from as far away as Schwenksville, Boyertown, Phoenixville, and Elverson.
The TriCounty Active Adult Center is multi-service senior center offering programs and services in the following areas:
• congregate lunches and nutrition counseling
• exercise (indoor walking track, Yoga, Tai Chi, chair exercise, Healthy Steps, Zumba)
• recreation (card games, game room, origami, crafts)
• education (medical, computer classes and internet access, free reading library)
• cultural (foreign language classes, art classes, music classes)
• social work support (assistance with a multitude of services/programs including LIHEAP, taxes, rent rebates, SNAP)
• volunteerism at the senior center, as well as in the local community
We have welcomed so many new people that have found the Center to be a friendly place:
• Seniors like John: John’s wife passed away recently, and he comes in to spend time with peers and enjoy the game room. He finds support from new friends who are going through the same challenges, and escapes from his now empty home.
• Seniors like Mary: Mary is getting a bit forgetful in her old age, and is afraid to use her stove. She also can’t always afford nutritious food, a challenge that affects more than 6,600 seniors in Montgomery County every day, according to the most recent census data. Mary comes to the Center daily for a hot, nutritious lunch, and receives her recommended daily allowance of love and support from nearly 100 of her closest friends.
• Seniors like Trudy: Trudy spent her days sitting at home alone until her daughter encouraged her to come to the Center. She feels steadier on her feet now that she has participated in the free exercise classes, and she is less afraid of falling. She has also made new friends, easing the isolation she was feeling at home.
Your support will provide nearly 20,000 nutritious meals, endless social opportunities, and age-appropriate exercise classes to nearly 2,000 seniors each year, nourishing bodies and minds.
“I love coming here – it is my second home.”
“If it wasn’t for the Center, I would be sitting at home waiting to die.
“This is a terrific place to come and join in on very healthy activities.”
“Gets us up and moving.”
“A better outlook for myself and I feel like I matter.”
“Gives me a place to go. Less lonely. “
“I enjoy helping other people by giving back”
“I was all alone before coming here”
“I am more active and enjoy coming as often as I can”
“My life is fuller and has a routine”
“Helps isolation issues”
“Met new and very nice caring people”
“It gets me out of the house”
“I stay more social, instead of sitting at home”
“Gets me out of the house and keeps me active which keeps me healthy and independent.”
“I’m not sitting around so much! It makes me happy to be doing something productive”
“So glad we have the center to come to”
“I don’t feel so lonely”
“I get out much more and look forward to my new companions “
“Having somewhere to go has given me a more positive outlook on my life”
“I feel useful”